EGD Procedure Instructions
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before the procedure.
- You may take medications with a small amount of water. If you are diabetic, please do not take insulin or diabetic medication. If you are taking diuretics, (Lasix, bumex, Diamox, maxide, dyazide, spirozide, lozol) please hold taking medication until after the procedure. You may bring medication to take in the recovery area.
- Dress in comfortable clothes.
- You may eat and drink after the procedure unless a doctor tells you otherwise.
- You must make arrangements for someone to accompany you after the procedure and drive you home following the procedure. You will not be allowed to drive home.