Click below for more information on any of the following:
Atherton Endoscopy Center requires that you have a responsible adult accompany you home and inside your house after your procedure. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home or to take a taxi, Uber, Lyft, county bus, Care Advantage, Redi-Wheels or any type of public transportation. Your procedure will be canceled unless you have an appropriate ride home. It is your responsibility to find your own ride. Please talk to your doctor if you anticipate being unable to find a ride.
Please call the Atherton Endoscopy Center if you are using one of these means of transportation and we will let you know what time they can pick you up. We may ask you to stay a little longer than the normal if you are not going home with a family member or friend.
F.I.S.H. (Friends In Service to Humanity) 650-593-1288
- Volunteer organization providing ride assistance to medical appointments at no charge.
- Only serves clients living in Redwood City, San Carlos and Belmont.
- Operates Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm only.
- Requires at least four days notice.
- You should request a volunteer that is able to assist you inside your front door.
NEED A RIDE 650-462-0853
- Operates Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm.
- Prefer a few days notice, leave them a message and they will call you back that evening between 6 and 9 pm.
- Prices are by the mile and are very reasonable.
- You must be able to walk, but they can assist with walkers.
THOMAS’S TRANSPORTATION 650-364-9495
- Prices are reasonable
- Based in Redwood City
- Run by El Camino Hospital Volunteers.
- Must be within 10 miles of El Camino Hospital or as schedule allows.
- Operates 8:00 am to 3:45 pm Monday through Friday.
- Reservations required at least 24 hours in advance.
GET UP AND GO 650-378-2750
- Run by the Peninsula Jewish Community Center.
- Reservations required on the Thursday in the week prior to your appointment.
- A nominal fee applies.
SILVER RIDE 650-853-7433 (Peninsula) 415-861-7433 (SF)
- Private company, call for pricing, will do all ages although geared for seniors
- Would need to arrange well in advance
Atherton Endoscopy Center accepts no responsibility for the above mentioned organizations.